Social Enterprise Academy global gathering September 2018
ABOUT THE SOCIAL ENTERPRISE ACADEMY
The Social Enterprise Academy delivers learning and development programmes for individuals and organisations working for social purpose.
Our approach is “learning by doing”- bringing together people who can learn from each other with the support of local practitioners. We work with entrepreneurial start-ups, young people in or out of education as well as the staff, chief executives and board members of emerging and mature organisations.
In 2016 we completed a successful replication pilot with support from Scottish Government, Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the British Council, and with financial investment from Social Investment Scotland and Big Issue Invest.
Core to replicating is enabling partners around the world to develop sustainable businesses, adapted to each local context.
Today we have Social Enterprise Academy Hubs in 10 countries:
Australia, China, India, Italy, Malawi, Malaysia, Pakistan, South Africa, Scotland and Wales.
ABOUT THE SOCIAL ENTERPRISE WORLD FORUM 2018 (SEWF)
Social Enterprise World Forum was established by national social enterprise support agencies with the first event held in Edinburgh in 2008. The success of the event is galvanising the global movement of social enterprise, creating a platform for learning, sharing of good practice, and creating partnerships.This has transformed SEWF into the international event of choice for the sector. In its tenth year, the event will return to Edinburgh, Scotland where it all began.
The Social Enterprise Academy has invited its hub staff and tutors from around the world to attend a Global Gathering, in New Lanark, Scotland, 2 days before the SEWF. Our aim is to have our international team meet each other and learn from their experiences and successes from around the world (For more information on how you can sponsor the Global Gathering, please get in touch!)
This event will be attended by 2 tutors and 2 staff members from each of our hubs (10 in total) as well as countries we are currently working with to launch new hubs: Rwanda, Zambia and New Zealand.
We would like to offer some of our hubs the opportunity to attend the Global Gathering as well as the SEWF in Edinburgh, even though they cannot afford it. Change makers, especially at an early stage, might prefer to invest funds into what they do at grassroots level. However SEWF is an amazing opportunity to network, create new connections and opportunities so we do not want them to miss it!
We will have 10 supported places that will include:
• Return flights to and from Edinburgh
• Social Enterprise Academy Global Gathering Attendance
• SEWF early bird ticket
• Accommodation and Food & Beverage Allowance while in Edinburgh
COST OF SUPPORTED PLACE
WHAT IS INCLUDED? COST Travelling Allowance (airfares will change on case by case so this is average allowance) £900 SEWF Early bird ticket £200 Allowance in Edinburgh during SEWF £400 TOTAL £1500
SUPPORTED PLACE SPONSOR: £1,500
Choose the country and how many people you would like to support and:
• Support social enterprise and change makers from at least 5 countries (2 per country maximum) by helping them feel welcome in the home of Social Enterprise: Scotland
• Brand exposure on our website and social media channels
• Presentation by social entrepreneurs you sponsored to your office or group during their time in Edinburgh. Learn about social enterprise, their story and impact. This will be organised by the Social Enterprise Academy.
• Invitation to Social Enterprise Academy Dinner during the Social Enterprise World Forum, with ALL the entrepreneurs who have been supported to attend, as well as local social enterprises. (Details of venue and date TBC).
Zakia Moulaoui International Business Development Manager
Social Enterprise Academy International CIC +44 (0) 1312432678 | + 44 (0) 755 7307138 email@example.com