Scottish event to highlight the need for more skilled developers in the UK
The UK needs developers, there just aren’t enough to go around. The shortage of skilled developers in the UK has reached the government’s UK Shortage Occupation list and been widely publicised in the press.
Employers of all sizes report that they struggle to recruit experienced developers and that there are not enough graduates leaving university with computing degrees.
Apprenticeships offer an immediate, effective solution for employers to grow their own developers. In 2011, QA launched developer Apprenticeships and has helped companies recruit and train over 900 software and web developers through our programme.
Our developer apprentices are producing amazing results for their businesses and we want to showcase this to you. Come to our Coded by Apprentices event where we and our clients will share with you:
- Why the UK Tech industry needs more apprentices
- How apprenticeships underpin business requirements
- How to get the best developer apprentices
- Showcase that apprentices really can code, build & create
Date: 9.30am – 11.30am, Thursday, 4 December 2014
Location: Microsoft Edinburgh, Waverley Gate, 2-4 Waterloo Place, Edinburgh, EH1 3EG
Speakers on the day:
- QA Apprenticeships: The first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ in all areas and three-time winners of Apprenticeship Programme of the Year 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Peekabu Studio: Motion control, computer vision, and interactive digital media company in the heart of Edinburgh.
- Another employer speaker to be announced soon