Every business is linked to the community and society in which it operates and it pays to act responsibly. Involving your business in the community isn’t just about doing the right thing. It means behaving responsibly and dealing with suppliers who do the same. It also offers direct business benefits to SME’s:
- Enhances your company brand
- Strengthens company culture and values which you can share with your clients
- Raises your competitive edge by showing clients and potential customers your credentials
- Helps attract and retain staff
- Helps in becoming a preferred supplier especially when bidding for contracts
- Boosts your responsible business credentials
So where do you start?
As you focus on running your business it might seem daunting but being a responsible business can simply means changing your philosophy and amending some of your processes.
One place to start could be, The Scottish Business Pledge which is a voluntary commitment made by companies in Scotland to uphold some of the best in modern business practices and to embrace the principles of fairness, equality, opportunity and innovation.
There are four key areas you can focus on, to help ensure you run a responsible business. Please use the links below to find out more: