Pilton Community Health Project seeking two new trustees
Pilton Community Health Project is seeking two new trustees to join our board:
- Someone with an accounting background, ideally but not essentially, with experience of charities to take on the role of treasurer
- Someone with experience of fundraising
Trustees have responsibility for the strategic direction of the organisation as well as oversight of policies, procedures and finance as managed day to day by the director.
Trustees meet as a board monthly for 2 hours and as available to help progress specific issues which would benefit from input based on their experience.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday, 3 July 2019 – please email Graham Rae, chair at email@example.com with a brief overview of your experience and why you want to join us.
Pilton Community Health Project is a charitable company limited by guarantee (registered in Edinburgh under number 339435 / charity number SC18460)
We are Scotland’s oldest community health project and have been working in the Pilton area since 1984
We use a social model of health – looking at how health is affected by everyday life and is as much about the quality of your emotional and social situation as about your experience of disease or disability.
We are rooted in the community and have always worked using a community development approach to tackle ill health in the area. It is a process that includes:
- promoting learning, knowledge, skills, confidence and the ability to act collectively
- taking positive action to address inequalities in power, access and participation
- strengthening organisation, networking and leadership with and between communities
- working for change through increased local democracy, participation and involvement in public affairs