Make it in Milan
Glasgow Chamber of Commerce has begin to establish a number of partnerships with chambers in cities and regions around the world where there are opportunities for collaboration between member companies. This currently includes New York and Italy with a number of others in development.
To optimise the practical business benefits of these partnerships we have been organising a series of visits to help Scottish businesses make connections in new markets and access international business opportunities. We want to ensure that our businesses have access to international markets that meet their specific needs and aspirations and help them to establish commercial relationships which will result in profitable business growth.
Through the global chamber network we want to work with businesses to provide the added value that could unlock commercial results faster and boost the growth of local businesses in each location. In this way it is hoped that all participants will achieve the desired success and a good return on their investment of time and money.
Following on from our successful business visit to Manhattan Chamber of Commerce in November 2016 we now want to attract a cohort of growth-oriented, ambitious businesses to participate in a business visit to Milan in June 2017 which we are organising in partnership with The British Chamber of Commerce for Italy (BCCI)
The core feature of the Make it in Milan programme will be company to company meetings. These will be arranged through a business matching process conducted by the BCCI in partnership with the Confartigianato Bergamo.
The meetings will align the priority prospects for businesses from both sides with the aim of finding common ground to identify opportunities for mutual commercial development. Additional guidance and support will be made available for each potential project through the “single window” approach of the chambers in both countries as the business relationships develop.
Our colleagues in Milan are particularly interested in matching their members with Scottish businesses from the following sectors:-
- Textiles, Clothing, Fabric Design and Production
- Furniture Design and Production – Wood and Cabinet Manufacture
- Parts for the Oil and Gas Sector, Valves, Automobile and Pipe Manufacturing
The Make it in Milan programme will also give participating businesses formal and informal opportunities to network and acquire valuable contacts.
In order to prepare for the programme businesses are asked to complete a Company Capability Statement and Profile Form which will be used to target the most appropriate potential partners to connect with throughout the visit.
- All applications must be submitted to Glasgow Chamber of Commerce by Wednesday 10 May.
- BCCI members will select the companies they wish to meet with and they will complete this selection process by Monday 22 May.
- Successful applicants will be informed by Glasgow Chamber of Commerce on Tuesday 23 May.
- An information session for successful applicants will be held on Tuesday 30 May.
- The visit to Milan will take place on Monday 5 and Tuesday 6 June.
- Delegates should arrive in Milan no later than the evening of Sunday 4 June.
- A full day of business to business meetings will be held in central Milan on Monday 5 June.
- A networking event with BCCI and Confartigianato members, directors, sponsors and stakeholders will be held in central Milan on the evening of Monday 5 June to which all delegates will be invited.
- Delegates will be free to follow up on meetings and contacts made or on independently arranged meetings, on Tuesday 6 June.
- Delegates will be invited to attend the BCCI Gala Dinner on the evening of Tuesday 6 June.
- The official programme will conclude at the end of the Gala Dinner on Tuesday 6 June.
BENEFITS OF MAKE IT IN MILAN
- Support of Glasgow Chamber of Commerce, BCCI and Confartigianato Bergamo in providing a business to business matching service to ensure ‘best fit’ with companies in the Northern Italy area.
- Business matching service will provide a minimum of 3 face-to-face meetings with interested parties held in a central Milan venue (tbc) on Monday 5 June.
- Invitation to a senior level networking event hosted by BCCI on the evening of Monday 5 June in a central Milan venue.
- Invitation to attend the BCCI Gala Dinner on the evening of Tuesday 6 June in the company of Jill Morris CMG, Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Italy.
- Opportunity to build new networks and establish key contacts in Northern Italy.
- Enhanced profile through PR opportunities associated with the Make it in Milan programme.
- Information session prior to the visit to Milan.
- On-going support from both chambers following the end of the programme.
COSTS, TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The cost of participating in the Make it in Milan is £500 +VAT and delegates are required to pay the full cost prior to the commencement of the programme.
- Delegates participating in the programme are responsible for their own travel and accommodation arrangements and costs. (We are currently working with BCCI to secure preferential hotel rates through their membership.)
- Delegates are required to attend the information session on Tuesday 30 May.
- On completion of the programme delegates will be required to attend a follow-up session to provide feedback to Glasgow Chamber of Commerce and identify future activity.
- Delegates will also be required to provide regular updates to Glasgow Chamber of Commerce on contacts made and business secured, some of which may be used for PR purposes
MAKE IT IN MILAN WITH US
For your opportunity to participate in the Make it in Milan programme please complete the Company Capability Statement and Profile Form and return to Elaine Rodger at Glasgow Chamber of Commerce no later than Friday 5 May 2017
If you have any questions regarding Make it in Milan please contact Elaine on the email address above or call on 0141 204 8332.
We are grateful for the support of The British Chamber of Commerce for Italy, The Scottish Government, Scottish Chambers of Commerce and our International Trade Partner, Clydesdale Bank in the delivery of Make it in Milan.