Last week to register for ecoConnect’s Expert Debate: Future Cities & Scotland, 4 February, Edinburgh, 5-8pm
Richard Bellingham, Director, Institute for Future Cities
John Gilmour, Biffa Waste Services Ltd
George Kirk, Cities Director, Scottish Power
Alastair Brown, Head of Sustainability, Glasgow City Council
Moderated by: Nathan Goode, Partner, Grant Thornton
Our panellists will lead the discussion followed by audience Q&A.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Glasgow is at the forefront of the sustainable cities programme in Scotland – what are the achievements & lessons that can be transferred to other cities?
- If policy is being devolved, do councils have the infrastructure & resources to implement wide-ranging changes? Are knowledge-sharing networks in place?
- How can & should waste management – one of the key challenges for future cities & an example of existing infrastructure requiring an innovative approach – fit into the framework?
- What is the role of & how crucial is integrated energy planning to the development of future cities?
- What is the impact of hard infrastructure innovations – eg. lighting & energy generation – how will successes be measured?
- Where is policy being turned into action in a way that the future cities ‘story’ can be understood by businesses and the wider community?
4 February 2015
5.00pm – 8.00pm
Followed by a drinks & networking reception
Grant Thornton UK LLP
Conference Square, 7 Exchange Crescent, Edinburgh EH3 8AN
£30 + VAT for non-members
ecoConnect Members attend at a 50%-100% discount
To Register for the event please click on the link below: http://www.cvent.com/events/future-cities-scotland-moving-vision-to-reality/event-summary-d0543231a1ff428bb7bf9cc5accc348a.aspx