Hot Topics in Employment Law
bto solicitors is hosting “Hot Topics in Employment Law” on Thursday 30 April 2015.
This lunch time seminar, aimed at all employers, will bring the law to life in a practical way in an informal setting with the opportunity to ask questions throughout. Employment law gives rise to a large number of issues that employers have to manage on a daily basis. At the moment, there are many topical issues about which employers should be aware. This practical session will discuss ways in which these thorny matters can be addressed fairly by employers.
The following will be considered:
• How do I select for redundancy when the employees are closely matched?
• What should I be including in holiday pay and when should I make the change?
• Can I stop my employee going off on holiday when supposedly off sick?
• Can I ensure that my self employed consultants don’t have employment rights?
• What TUPE/staff issues do I need to deal with when putting a contract out to tender?
• Can I take action in relation to a pregnant employee who is no longer working as hard as colleagues?
• How are the rules relating to shared parental leave working?
The seminar will ensure that employers take advantage of best practice and are fully up to speed with solutions to current issues.
Venue: bto solicitors, One Edinburgh Quay, Edinburgh, EH3 9QG. Registration: 12:15. Seminar starts: 12:30, followed by discussion and a buffet lunch.
This event is free of charge. To register to attend: click here.