Engineering sector: a partnership approach to building future skills
Engineering is one of the key sectors in the Scottish economy. As we start to emerge from the pandemic, ensuring that we continue to create the right talent pipeline is going to be crucial.
In this live webinar Heriot-Watt University and Forth Valley College have teamed up to explore how our partnership approach to apprenticeships can help to build these future skills.
Skills Development Scotland will kick off the session with an overview of the skills challenges and opportunities facing the Engineering sector in Scotland, with particular reference to Digital Manufacturing and the Climate Emergency.
You’ll hear from Helen Young from Forth Valley College, who will give an overview of Foundation Apprenticeships and why they are a great option for employers. This will be followed by Caroline Hogg from Forth Valley College, who’ll look at Modern Apprenticeships and how they are ideal for developing future talent.
Lynne Somerville, Business Relationship Manager at Heriot-Watt, will then take you through how Graduate Apprenticeships are a great way to either attract new talent or upskill and reskill existing employees.
To close the session, you can then ask the team questions in our interactive Q&A session.
Some more about Graduate Apprenticeships
• All programme fees are fully funded for the duration of the programme with no course fees to pay for apprentices or employers
• Students spend approximately 80% of their time learning at work and 20% learning at university
• Applicants must live and work in Scotland and can qualify for entry based on both academic qualifications and relevant work experience
• Work based learning counts towards modules and final qualification
• Open to new recruits and existing employees, designed by industry for industry
• Study to gain an honours level degree with flexible entry points
• Programmes are for anyone aged over 16 – No upper age limit!
You can find out full details of our Graduate Apprenticeships programme by emailing email@example.com