DM Hall client in search for 16+ acre site in Scotland for use as a poultry farm with associated infrastructure building
A client of DM Hall, one of Scotland’s leading independent firms of chartered surveyors and which this year celebrates 125 years since its foundation in 1897, is seeking to acquire or lease a minimum of 16 acres in Scotland.
Jennifer Campbell, Head of Rural Agency at DM Hall, said: “we have been instructed by a retained client to purchase a suitable site for poultry farming with funds already in place.”
Ms Campbell defines what will be regarded as a suitable site:
• The site would employ a number of staff
• Purchase of a suitable site would be preferred subject to planning permission but a long-term lease option (30-40 years) would also be considered.
• All locations within Scotland will be considered though a very broad delineation of the central belt is specifically of interest
• Preference for a level site with a minimum size of 16 acres (6.5 hectares).
• Minimum 500m distance from nearest property
• Good drainage required
• No contaminated sites will be considered
• No proximity to low flying aircraft or similarly high noise levels
• Preference for privacy
• Plantation woodland would be considered
• Site must not be close to open water that would attract water fowl or migratory birds
• Good road access is required to the site for HGVs
• Existing or achievable supporting residential accommodation required
• Mains water supply must be achievable and reliable.
• 3 phase electricity supply must be achievable (min 150KVA) and reliable.
She said: “This is an attractive opportunity for landholders to capitalise on their assets while helping create new prosperity and job opportunities in Scotland.
“If you have suitable sites meeting the criteria above and wish to be considered please send full details to me, Jennifer Campbell, or telephone 07909 917540.”