Cleantech: The Key Ingredient for a Sustainable Food & Drink Industry (Edinburgh)
Key issues will be debated by our Expert Panel, including:
Julie Hesketh-Laird, Director of Operational & Technical Affairs, Scottish Whisky Association
Andrew Lyle, Managing Director, Locogen
Robert Ramsay, Chairman, Kinblethmont Farm & Director, SoilEssentials Ltd
Final speaker tbc shortly.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Where are the key opportunities for resource efficiency & how can the Cleantech & Food/Drink sectors (including agricultural landowners) partner to create an integrated approach to sustainability across the supply chain?
- What is the role of renewables in the sector, where are the technology success stories and challenges coming from? What lessons need to be learnt?
- Where will the drivers for innovation come from? Are regulations & initiatives (eg. the Circular Economy & waste directives) key? What role can & should SMEs play?
- Where are the carbon emission reduction success stories coming from & where are the challenges?
- How integrated is the approach to sustainability across the supply chain from the producer at the start of the process to the consumer at the end?
- How equal is the relationship between the retailers and the producers – where are the costs of improving sustainability being borne? Who holds the balance of power?
For more information please visit: