Brexit Business Health-Check
At the recent CEO Roundtable, those attending asked the BCC to create a simple ‘Business Brexit ‘Health-Check’ that Chambers can brand and use with SME members that are yet to consider the implications of change.
This list of questions below are designed to stimulate a discussion, not all questions will apply to all traders. Input from the network to develop this list is welcomed.
- Does your company trade outside of the UK?
- Does your company trade outside of the EU?
- What countries do you sell to now and do you believe that Brexit could affect future supplies and/or orders?
- What countries are you buying from, is your supply chain secure?
- Do you currently buy components of your finished goods from the rest of the EU?
- Do you declare EU origin for the goods that you sell outside of the EU?
- Could rules of origin impact on your ability to benefit from Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) in future?
- What currency are you being paid in now and how will you manage rate fluctuations in future?
- Does your company benefit from EU Free Trade Agreements (FTAs)?
- If WTO rules were applied to your exports, how might it affect your sales and competitiveness?
- If WTO rules were applied to your imports, would you be encouraged to find a local supplier instead or pay the tariff?
- Do you utilise and benefit from tariff rate quotas in any of your trades?
- Has your company made customs declarations in the last 3 years?
- Do any of your staff hold a recognised and accredited international trade qualification?
- Are the products you sell subject to tariffs in the markets you export to now?
- Are the products you buy subject to tariffs at the UK border?
- Do you have a branch office or head office outside of the UK?
- Could new rules on the free movement of EU passport holders affect your business after Brexit?
- What support do you think you will need to help you to navigate a changing export environment?
For more information please contact: Liam Smyth, Director International Trade Facilitation firstname.lastname@example.org | 020 7654 5811