Exciting Opportunity at Edinburgh Chamber – Digital Marketing Executive
The Digital Marketing Executive will be responsible for driving the Edinburgh Chamber’s external digital marketing activity with the aim of increasing our reach and profile, generating leads and enhancing our digital performance. This role will be instrumental in the success of marketing team and will involve planning, implementing and measuring digital marketing campaigns which drive awareness and demand; including new customer acquisition & increasing user retention.
This position will be for 28 hours worked over 4 days.
Salary: £22-25,000 depending on experience (pro-rata 4 days a week)
Closing date: 24th August, 5pm.
Specific activities the post holder will be expected to undertake include:
• Developing and managing digital marketing campaigns to drive leads and support the growth of the business, specifically in areas such as membership, training, international and mentoring
• Regularly review and write engaging content for the Chamber website.
• Tracking and analysing website traffic flow and providing regular internal reports
• Driving traffic to the website in the most cost-effective manner across PPC, SEO and social media campaigns.
• Use Facebook Business Manager, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, Instagram and Twitter to run (paid and organic) campaigns, creating eye catching and creative content.
• Track and measure success of campaigns to increase ROI
• Proactively identify growth opportunities and drive on-going improvements to increase the online conversion rate and enhance the customer experience.
• Focus on growing our social media audience, ensuring content is distributed across the correct platforms relevant to the target audience.
• Work on digital asset production such as landing pages, email templates, email banners, social imagery and web content.
• Perform routine market/competitor analysis to develop a clear understanding of our industry and competitors.
This job description is not designed to be definitive but a guide to your role with ECC. It will be reviewed regularly as part of the appraisal and personal development process and your role will adapt to reflect the dynamic demands on the organisation. You may take on responsibility for other aspects of business activity outside your core remit, as a member of cross- functional project teams, to enable personal and career development.
This is an important new role at the Chamber where you’ll be a key member of the team leading on our external digital marketing. The work is varied, high-paced and will be different every week so if routine is important, this is not the right role for you.
Key skills and attributes we are looking for are outlined below:
• Experience in delivering digital marketing campaigns including social media, PPC, website and email.
• Experience in using social media platforms including Facebook Business Manager, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, Instagram and Twitter, for both paid and organic content and campaigns.
• A good understanding of Google Analytics and experience in reporting on this data.
• Good knowledge and understanding of SEO
• Articulate with a creative flair both in writing and generating of ideas.
• A creative, solutions focused individual
• Good people skills, as you will be engaging with a range of stakeholders
• You will need the flexibility to respond to issues, opportunities and a quickly changing external environment
• The ability to handle a number of competing demands on time and attention will be critical
• An ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a dynamic team.
• Experience in working with WordPress and in web management
• Experience in design and creating/editing video content
• B2B digital marketing experience
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to – Emma Reid, Head of Engagement and Marketing – email@example.com