10 things you might not know about QMU
Posted: 2nd June 2015
- QMU has particular expertise in food and drink, creative industries and sustainable business. Their experts can provide support and guidance to tackle problems and help SMEs develop new and innovative products and solutions. Discuss your needs with their Business Development Manager, Miriam Smith on E:firstname.lastname@example.org
- QMU’s Scottish Centre for Food Development and Innovation is helping position Scotland as a leader in food and drink innovation in Europe and supporting access to the global market for healthy and functional food. The Centre’s food experts support SMEs with new and innovative product development and analysis, and the development of leading edge functional and health enhancing products. The dedicated commercial facilities include a microbiology laboratory; fully-equipped sensory suite; dedicated chemistry laboratory and a technology room for industry to test new technology.
- QMU runs the only Masters degree in Gastronomy in the UK for those with a passion for food a drink.
- QMU is the only university in Scotland to have a Business Gateway located on campus.
- QMU has an Employer Mentoring Programme to match current students with professionals working in their chosen career sector. Mentors provide students with one-to-one advice and inside knowledge surrounding the world of work. Could you be a mentor? Find out more about the benefits to you and to our students. http://www.qmu.ac.uk/jobshop/employermentoring.htm or E: email@example.com
- QMU award winning filmmaker, Walid Salhab, is the only person to have captured the full build phase of the Kelpies in Falkirk. His is world renowned for his stunning stop-motion/time-lapse films of Edinburgh and the East of Scotland. QMU’s Kinetic Film Project now has a commercial video library of time-lapse and aerial film footage allowing companies to purchase specific video clips of Edinburgh and Scotland. Contact E: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- QMU has a range of talented graduate film production companies that can produce excellent quality video footage for commercial clients. Contact Michael Grant, QMU’s Kinetic Film Project E: email@example.com
- QMU’s current film and media students can develop promotional films, social media campaigns or build websites for SMEs and voluntary sector organisations (restrictions apply). Contact media lecturer Denny Collie E: DCollie@qmu.ac.uk
- The Consumer Insight Centre at QMU offers the world’s first postgraduate degree for professional complaint handlers. The MSc Dispute Resolution is an accredited qualification for professionals in the workplace who deal with disputes between consumers and businesses and between citizens and the state. E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The International Centre for the Study of Planned Events at QMU provides government, event professionals and sponsors with evidence of the linkages between planned events and education, health, wealth, environmental sustainability and social cohesion. The Centre’s director, Professor Joe Goldblatt, is an international authority in event management, and regularly conducts assessment and evaluation programmes for government and commercial clients throughout the world. contact E: email@example.com or visit http://www.qmu.ac.uk/be/research/ICSPE/