Waiting to pounce? The Competition and Markets Authority has moved into your neighbourhood.
Events Series by Dentons
With more people on the ground here, the CMA will become more familiar with local market issues and Scottish companies known to be market leaders. They will be reading the business pages of Scottish newspapers, using local services and listening to Scottish consumers and politicians. Markets which are not working well will be identified more quickly, leading to more enforcement action and potentially an increase in dawn raids, meaning intrusive surprise inspections before the start of the working day.
Please join the competition law team the legal directories unanimously regard as top-ranked in Scotland for an interactive session involving a discussion of these issues and how you can tackle these risks. Among the questions, we will be considering:
- the likely activities of the CMA in Scotland in relation to competition law;
- the potential for an increase in dawn raids in Scotland, and how companies can best prepare based on the team’s unrivalled first-hand experience of attending raids;
- how companies can mitigate risk and protect themselves against enforcement action; and
- what difference Brexit will make.
Speakers with collective experience of 30 raids and investigations will include:
- Michael Dean, Partner, Competition
- Catriona Munro, Partner, Competition
- Melanie Martin, Senior Associate, Competition
Who should attend this seminar?
This seminar will be of interest to anyone with a concern for competition compliance, including general counsel and in-house legal advisers, compliance managers and directors in all sectors.
Registration and breakfast : 8.30am
Session starts : 9.00am
Event close and networking : 10.00am
Events in this series