Springboard Yourself To A Positive Destination in Gymnastics’ Coaching
Edinburgh Leisure is looking to recruit motivated, enthusiastic and reliable young people aged 16-24 years old, who have a passion for gymnastics and sport for the next Positive Destinations In2Gymnastics course.
Jack Martin, Community Development Officer – Volunteer Development at Edinburgh Leisure explained: “A fully funded opportunity, the In2Gymnastics Positive Destinations Academy provides a combination of gymnastics-based activities and tailored employment support for young people not currently engaged in education, employment or training or young people at high risk of falling into this category.
“We’re looking for young people with a passion for sport who might benefit from such an opportunity and can commit to the project for 8-weeks.”
The In2Gymnastics Academy provides:
- The chance to obtain your UKCC Level 1 General Gymnastics Qualification
- Opportunity to gain a SCQF Level 5 in Sports Leadership Qualifications
- Exposure to quality, structured gymnastics sessions and the opportunity to shadow highly qualified teachers
- Advice and guidance on education and training opportunities to help develop and kick start a career in the sports industry
- An environment that helps increase confidence and self-esteem
The project will be delivered between June to August 2018.
Interested parties should email Jack Martin, Community Development Officer at Edinburgh Leisure on firstname.lastname@example.org for a registration form, which needs to be returned via post or email, by Friday, 8 June.
All those who register their interest, will be invited to attend an information day, where they will get a project overview, meet the course tutors, and take part in a discussion with tutors on their suitability to gain a place on the course.
For further details on the course, contact Jack Martin, Community Development Officer – Volunteer Development on 0131 458 2192.