Spokes Council Hustings taking place on 6th April
On May 4th this year, every Council in Scotland will be re-elected. Our Spring Public Meeting on 6th April will be an election hustings for Edinburgh Council…
We have invited all the parties currently represented on the Council to send a speaker, and they are…
- Con – Cllr Nick Cook Morningside candidate, Conservative Transport Spokesperson
- Green – Cllr Nigel Bagshaw Inverleith candidate, Green Transport Spokesperson, Spokes member
- Lab – Cllr Maureen Child Portobello/Craigmillar candidate, Convener of Edinburgh Council’s Communities Committee, Spokes member
- LibDem – Hal Osler Inverleith candidate
- SNP – Adam McVey Leith candidate, Vice-Convener of Edinburgh Council’s Transport Committee
Where: Augustine United Church, George IV Bridge, Edinburgh
When: Thursday 6 April 2017, 7.30pm – doors open 6.45 for coffee, stall and chat
The meeting will begin with the candidates giving short talks, from the platform, on their party’s concerns and commitments on cycling and any related transport policy issues they wish to mention.
We hope then to use the very successful format of our Scottish Parliament hustings in March 2016, where the audience splits into groups and the candidates spend 10 mins or so in each group. This gives you a much greater chance to engage with the politicians, rather than the usual format of a speaker panel sitting on the platform and a limited number of questions from the floor.
Finally, the speakers will close with a brief summing up of what they have learned from the meeting.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org