Slovenia Investment & Smart Industries Conference – 06.03.2018 – Edinburgh
Yesterday, the Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce we were honoured to host the “Slovenia Investment & Smart Industries Conference” at the Principal George Street Hotel.
A range of expert speakers presented on the morning, highlighting opportunities for Scottish businesses looking to expand in the Slovenian market:
- His Excellency Tadej Rupel, Ambassador of the Republic of Slovenia in the UK
- Mr Matej Stocir, Head of Internationalisation Division at the Slovenian Ministry of Economic Development & Technology
- Mr Miha Zerko, the President of the British-Slovenian Chamber of Commerce, and other high profile business representatives.
This event highlighted the various assets that make Slovenia attractive to businesses:
- Slovenia is one of the most dynamic country in central Europe with a GDP growth of 6%.
- It is the 7th safest country in the world
- It has an excellent geographical location
- It has an excellent infrastructure (high speed internet)
- There is a high skilled workforce with low labour costs
- It offers a high quality of life with a very diverse landscape (access to the Alp as well as the Mediterranean sea)
- 2% of their GDP is allocated to R&D with 100% of tax deduction in this sector.
- There are many opportunities in the following sectors: sustainable food production, circle economy, smart building, health/medicine, mobility, technology & smart cities.
If you would like to receive more information on how to do business with Slovenia, have a look at http://www.investslovenia.si/ and get in touch with us.