Seeking Young People Looking for A Positive Destination
Edinburgh Leisure is looking to recruit motivated, enthusiastic and reliable young people aged 16-24 years old, who have a passion for sport for their next Positive Destinations course.
Jack Martin, Community Development Officer at Edinburgh Leisure explained: “A fully funded opportunity, Positive Destinations provides a combination of sports-based activities and tailored employment support for young people not currently engaged in education, employment or training or young people at high risk of falling into this category.
“We’re looking for young people with a passion for sport who might benefit from such an opportunity and can commit to the project for up to 16 hours per week over a 16-week period.”
The Coaching Academy provides:
• Sports coaching experience in Football and Athletics
• SCQF Level 5 in Sports Leadership Qualification
• Quality, structured sports coaching sessions and the opportunity to participate in sport and physical activity
• The opportunity to volunteer and experience being part of a major sporting event
• Active Start Multi Skills training
• Emergency First Aid at work
• Positive Coaching Scotland training
• Advice and guidance on further education and training opportunities
• Increased confidence and self-esteem
The project will be delivered between February and April 2018 at Bangholm Sports Pavilion, however city-wide travel to alternative venues will be expected over the programme.
Interested parties should email Jack Martin, Community Development Officer at Edinburgh Leisure on email@example.com for a registration form, which needs to be returned via post or email, by 1 February.
All those who register their interest, will be invited to attend the information day on Tuesday, 6 February, where they will get a project overview, meet the course tutors, and take part in a discussion with tutors on their suitability to gain a place on the course.
The information day detailing the project will take place on Tuesday, 6 February from 10-12pm at the Royal Commonwealth Pool, Dalkeith Road, Edinburgh.