ScotRail gearing up for big weekend of music
ScotRail is adding more carriages to trains for fans heading to see Beyoncé, Jay-Z, and the Rolling Stones this weekend.
Beyoncé and Jay-Z will be playing at Hampden Park, while the Rolling Stones are set to rock Murrayfield stadium on Saturday, 9 June.
ScotRail will be adding carriages on trains between Glasgow and Edinburgh, as well as on trains between Glasgow Central and Mount Florida – the closest station to Hampden Park.
Queuing systems will be in place at Glasgow Central before the concert, as well as at Haymarket and Mount Florida stations afterwards. Fans are also being advised to get to the station as quickly as possible after the event finishes and join the queues as the last services of the evening will depart soon after and are expected to be exceptionally busy.
ScotRail Alliance Head of Customer Experience Graham Heald said: “We’re looking forward to helping fans get to these massive concerts by train this weekend.
“To help things run smoothly, we’re adding extra carriages between our biggest cities, as well as to Hampden, so that we can get everyone where they need to be.”
Top five tips for gig-goers
- Buy your ticket before you board. You’ll need a valid ticket for travel, and ticket gates may be in place.
- Check your train times. Remember to leave time to catch any connecting services that you need.
- Listen up! We’ll have extra staff on the ground to help things go smoothly. To help them help you, please listen to their instructions.
- Download the ScotRail app. You can use it to buy tickets, check train times, and see live service information.
- Don’t leave it too late. Services will be busy, and you might not be able to board your first choice of train.