Scotrail Alliance Outperforms Improvement Plan
– Train service punctuality in the four weeks to 23 July 2017 was 93.7 per cent
– The equivalent performance in England and Wales was 89.3 per cent
– The ScotRail Alliance’s performance for the four weeks was ahead of the target set by the performance improvement plan
The number of trains running on time in the last four weeks saw the ScotRail Alliance pulling ahead of its performance improvement plan target, new figures published today reveal.
In the four weeks to 23 July 2017, 93.7 per cent of trains ran within the public performance measure (PPM). This compares to 91.1 per cent for the same period last year.
Recent performance means the ScotRail Alliance’s moving annual average (MAA) – the annual performance standard – is now at 90.7 per cent. This performance is:
– Ahead of the improvement plan target of 90.5 per cent.
– 0.7 per cent higher than this time last year.
– 1.1 per cent higher than when the performance improvement plan was first introduced.
– Ahead of the annual performance standard of 87.9 per cent in England and Wales.
The ScotRail Alliance’s improved performance was achieved during a time of major upgrades and improvements to the existing network.
On Tuesday, the National Rail Passenger Survey revealed that nine out of ten customers are satisfied with ScotRail – equalling its best ever performance.
Perry Ramsey, Operations Director at the ScotRail Alliance, said:
“The performance of the ScotRail Alliance continues to improve, thanks to the hard work of our dedicated staff.
“To have outperformed our improvement plan while carrying out the biggest upgrade to the railway network in Scotland since Victorian times is a great achievement.
“This week the National Rail Passenger Survey showed that nine out of ten passengers are satisfied with ScotRail, equalling our best ever score.
“But we aren’t complacent. We’re doing everything we can to build the best railway Scotland’s ever had. That means new and better trains, delivering faster journeys, more seats and better services for our customers.”