Rock Trust | Volunteers Wanted
Do you want to volunteer your time to help put an end to youth homelessness in Scotland?
Rock Trust is one of Scotland’s leading youth specific homelessness charities, with services in Edinburgh, the Lothians, Fife and Perth. For the last 30 years, they have championed bespoke housing and support models to help young people aged 16-25 transition away from homelessness and into adulthood. Rock Trust relies on the valuable support of volunteers, both within their front-line services and business operations. They currently have several volunteering opportunities which they are actively recruiting for. These include:
As Rock Trust develop our online presence, we need to continue to amplify our messages and ensure adequate space is made for the people we support to highlight their story. This can prove challenging when our primary objective must always be to protect those we support, and ensure that they can live a life without any disadvantage caused by our communications activities in the years that follow their homelessness experience.
We need support from experienced communications professionals, who have a particular skill set in communicating complex, sensitive case studies and information in a way that protects the identity of those who wish to tell their story, whilst still creating a compelling narrative and engagement method for the general public, funders and associated stakeholders. The aims of such communications are to:
- Increase general awareness of youth homelessness and the individual stories of young people
- Write detailed case studies that funders can publish on the efficacy of their funding
- Support fundraising campaigns that generate income to support our frontline work
Website Development / Business Analyst
Start date: ongoing
As more activities are delivered online, Rock Trust need to ensure that our online offering develops in line with trends and expectations. It is becoming clear that our existing website has reached the peak of its capabilities, and without new development, will fast become obsolete and inhibit our ability to support people who use services, reach new audiences, and generate new income.
We are therefore keen to develop our website, so that it is fit for purpose now and into the future. We do not have the internal capacity or skill set to do this on our own, and require the support of experienced professionals.
We’re looking for a skilled BA or web developer who can support us with:
- Analysing current traffic data, and pulling together succinct summaries that help us understand how people currently navigate and use our website.
- Support us to think about and plan how we can develop the website structure, content and design to enhance a user’s journey, providing timely access to the right information.
- Provide guidance on the appropriate web platform to use going forward.
- Support with the adoption of pay integration methods within donation pages, to make the most of individuals propensity to give.
If you have any of the above volunteer skills and would like to make a difference to a leading Scottish youth homelessness charity, please get in touch for more information and an informal chat.
Start date: ongoing
Rock Trust are looking for peer mentors. The mentor will work as part of a team of volunteers each of whom will be appropriately matched with a suitable care experienced young person aged 15-21 who has been referred to the Peer Mentoring project in Edinburgh from within the Rock Trust team.
The aim of this programme to achieve these outcomes.
- Move into & sustain more appropriate long-term housing.
- Greater opportunities to move into volunteering, education, training or employment.
- Greater social confidence and experience improved personal support and positive relationships.
- Explore what is available to do in your local community reducing social exclusion and increasing physical and mental health.
We particular welcome applications from people who have had experienced homelessness and the care system and are who looking to use their experience to help others. Full training and support will be given. For an informal chat about the role before applying, call Peter Wooding on 07598580834 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If any of these volunteer opportunities sound interesting, please visit our website to find out even more, and how you can apply today: www.rocktrust.org/volunteering