Qatar Airways Announces Significant Network Expansion
New routes in Europe, Africa and Asia have been announced.
World’s longest flight, Doha-Auckland, to start in December. The new routes will further expand the reach of the airline’s network, and will include the world’s longest flight, between Doha and Auckland, New Zealand.
Six new destinations for Qatar Airways in Africa include:
- Marrakech (Morocco) will begin in July
- Doha and Windhoek (Namibia) will begin on 28th September
- The Seychelles will resume on 12th December
- In January 2017, Doha to Douala (Cameroon) and Libreville (Gabon) will begin
- Doha to Lusaka (Zambia) will begin by summer 2017
New Qatar Airways destinations in South West Pacific / Southeast Asia are:
- Daily service to Auckland – Qatar Airways’ first route to New Zealand, and what will be the world’s longest flight – will begin on 3rd December
- Qatar Airways will begin four flights per week to Krabi (Thailand) on 6th December
- Chiang Mai (Thailand) will begin also in December
UK customers can choose from 73 flights a week with Qatar Airways, including six daily departures from London Heathrow, twice daily from Manchester, daily from Edinburgh and eight flights a week from Birmingham.
Qatar Airways has a modern fleet of 179 aircraft flying to more than 150 key business and leisure destinations across six continents. Qatar Airways won Airline of the Year, Best Business Class Airline Seat and Best Airline in the Middle East at the 2015 Skytrax Awards. This is the third time the airline won the accolade of Airline of the Year.
For the full article click here