Need help in your Business? Not sure who to hire? A Heriot Watt University Placement Student could be the answer!
Why recruit a placement student?
Placements can be paid or unpaid, part-time or full-time, we are flexible!
No fee is payable to the University for arranging the placement, and we work with both the student and employer to ensure that the relationship is equally beneficial for all involved, offering support before and during the placement, with clearly defined learning outcomes agreed at the outset.
Direct access to a pool of engaged and enthusiastic students who are actively seeking placements. Only students who successfully pass the initial academic component of the curriculum are eligible for the placement, ensuring they have proven ability and are placement ready.
Students subject to any interview and selection process that the employer wishes to apply to ensure there is a good fit.
Great opportunity to get to know and train a student as a potential graduate employee.
Who is this for?
Everyone! Businesses of all sizes and sectors can benefit from having one of our students working in their business
What is it?
An innovative two-year MSc programme which incorporates one year on-campus academic study followed by an industry placement. The industry placement is designed to enable students to apply their knowledge in practice and add value to both the employer whilst also enhancing the student’s professional development. The Masters level degrees, delivered by both Edinburgh Business School and the School of Energy, Geoscience, Infrastructure and Society, include:
- MSc in International Business Management with Industry Placement
- MSc Civil Engineering with Industry Placement
- MSc Construction Project Management with Industry Placement
- MSc Commercial Management and Quantity Surveying with Industry Placement
Start Date and Duration.Placements start Summer 2021 until Spring 2022 but we can adapt to your timeframe.
Find out more
To learn more about this opportunity please contact:
• MSc International Business Management with Industry Placement – Anna Wilson, Student Placement Co-ordinator for Anna.email@example.com
• MSc in Civil Engineering, Commercial Management and Quantity Surveying and Construction Project Management with Industry Placement – Karen Beattie, Student Placement Co-ordinator Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org