GDPR Seminar with SortmyPC & Loch Employment Law
Are you ready for the upcoming changes to data protection that GDPR will bring next year? If not, don’t panic! Join us on Thursday 1st February when Loch Employment Law and SortmyPC present a GDPR Update Seminar.
WHEN: 1 February, 2018, 08:30 – 10.30
WHERE: Atria One, Brewin Dolphin, 144 Morrison Street, Edinburgh, EH3 8BR
Register online: https://gdprupdateseminar.eventbrite.co.uk
Chris Phillips, Partner at Loch Employment Law, will chair this breakfast seminar which will cover the legal implications and how your IT and security policies can be prepared.
Gavin Macgregor, Solicitor at Loch Employment Law will talk you through:
• The legal principles of the GDPR, and bases for processing data What is covered by ‘personal data’?
• Storing, Processing & Deleting Data – the GDPR changes
• Employee Consent & Rights and how Employers should respond to Subject Access Requests
• What happens when you suffer a data breach, including enforcement & consequences
• Tips for Compliance
Gordon Sayers, Managing Director, SortmyPC will discuss:
• The intersection of IT and GDPR
• Data Risk Assessment
• A practical approach to GDPR and IT
• How SortmyPC can help with compliance
The presentation will be followed by Q&A’s with the expert speakers and networking opportunities over breakfast.
To book a place visit https://gdprupdateseminar.eventbrite.co.uk/
About the speakers:
Chris Phillips is a partner with Loch Employment Law and accredited by The Law Society of Scotland as an employment law specialist. He has a wealth of experience in advising organisations on legal compliance issues.
Gavin Macgregor advises on a wide range of employment issues and personally conducts Employment Tribunal hearings in addition to representing clients during mediation proceedings.
Gordon Sayers is Managing Director of SortmyPC, one of Edinburgh’s leading Managed IT services providers.
For further information contact Gordon Sayers on 0131 477 2644.