Funding and recruitment support available to hire an intern from the University of Edinburgh
The University of Edinburgh, in collaboration with Santander Universities UK, are offering you match funding and recruitment support to hire a student or a graduate for an 8 week full time or part time internship.
Do you have a project which is always being put on hold? Are you looking to enhance your organisation with new skills, energy and ideas? Would you like funding and recruitment support to hire a student or graduate?
Employ.ed in an SME 19/20 has two recruitment periods:
Part time internships during semester 2:
- Hire a current student to work part time for 8 weeks.
- Funding: £540 to be matched by yourself to pay the intern (intern receives minimum: £1080).
- Deadline for proposals from SMEs: 24 Nov 19.
- Internships advertised to students: 9 Dec – 12 Jan.
- Interns start in semester 2 (from mid Jan).
- More information and how to apply
- Hire a student or graduate to work for 8 weeks.
- Funding: £1260 to be matched by yourself to pay the intern (intern receives minimum: £2520).
- Applications from SMEs for summer internships will open in the Feb 2020.
- More information and register your interest for summer internships
You can submit a proposal for both, but you can only receive the funding once in a funding cycle. Please note that the funding for the part time semester internships will be allocated before the deadline for the summer internships.
If you have less than 250 staff members and an annual turnover of less than £50m, and would like to offer valuable work experience to a student or graduate then Employ.ed in an SME is a great opportunity for you to enhance your workforce.
“The programme is a fantastic opportunity for both business and graduates alike. It provides graduates with invaluable, commercial experience and businesses with an opportunity to attract new talent and skills into their business.” Previous Employ.ed in an SME line manager
Beyond the programme our promotional services are available to you all year round to support you in engaging with our students. If you are keen to come onto campus we would encourage you to make the most of our free #SkillsforSuccess event series and Recruiter in Residence stand service. Find out more about these services on our website or get in touch with our team to book.