Freelance Opportunities with National Galleries Scotland
National Galleries Scotland (NGS) deliver a year round programme of activities for school groups of all ages. The education team are currently reviewing the programme and are inviting freelance educators to help bring about change.
NGS are seeking creative risk-takers to help reinvent and deliver a new programme for schools. You must be brave enough to experiment and bold enough to provoke new ways of seeing. The programme will offer school groups of all ages a menu of one-off workshops across 3 sites* in Edinburgh.
Your role will be to facilitate experimental sessions which encourage pupils to find the relevance of art to them while developing creativity skills through problem-solving and open-ended experimentation. With reference to artworks currently on display and your own creative processes, you will help children communicate their own ideas visually. There may also be opportunities for work with nursery and adult groups.
Your application must demonstrate proven skills and experience in all of the following areas:
- Willingness to experiment and take creative risks
- Up-to-date knowledge of creativity across the curriculum
- Experience of delivering child-led creative activity for nursery, primary, secondary or SEN school groups
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Awareness of best practice in gallery education
- Deep interest and general knowledge of NGS collections
- Flexibility and willingness to collaborate
Full details on how to apply are available on NGS Jobs Portal
Interviews will take place in Edinburgh 25th-29th June.
Deadline: 18 June 12pm
*The 3 sites are the Scottish National Gallery, The Mound; Scottish National Portrait Gallery, Queen St; Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art, Belford Rd.