Free Deaf Awareness training for employers
How deaf-friendly is your organisation? Deaf Awareness training can help employers support deaf staff and make workplaces accessible. Deaf Action is running Free Deaf Awareness training for employers
Deaf Action is running FREE Deaf Awareness training courses to help employers support their deaf and hard of hearing staff. Our training courses can help businesses become deaf aware, inclusive and accessible for deaf employees.
Our courses are designed to help employers get the most out of their deaf and hard of hearing staff, and understand the contribution they can make to their organisation.
We’ll help you:
- improve your communication skills
- understand how to make information accessible
- develop an understanding of the barriers deaf people face
- support hard-of-hearing colleagues with aids and adaptations
- understand BSL as a native language
- engage with interpreters and make use of the Access to Work scheme
- provide equal opportunities for deaf employees
- fulfil your legal obligations
Our training session lasts 1 hour, sessions running throughout March and April. Book your free place now!
Or for more information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This event has been made possible thanks to The Scottish Government Workplace Equality Fund.