Freak Films are looking for a Producer!
FREAK FILMS is proud to be regarded as one of Scotland’s most prestigious, experienced and skilled film production companies, based at The Shore in Leith. We work across all sectors, creating content for TV commercials, brand and corporate films, and immersive and exhibition content. Recently, we have expanded our offering to include TV broadcast content.
We are looking for a Producer to join the team who will take ownership of their projects and really bring them to life. We want this person to fit in with the teams at Freak Films and Freakworks. The ideal candidate to join us as a Producer will have experience in developing a variety of content across multi-platforms.
Someone motivated, meticulous, brimming with ideas and able to distil creative discussions in to pitch documents and tender documents for all new business including corporate, museum and exhibition projects and commercials. They should have a demonstrable understanding of the entire production process, having worked in the industry for a number of years.
We’re looking for someone who has / is:
• An understanding of advertising, corporate and museum content and experience in all of the above would be ideal.
• A good understanding of the processes involved with end- to-end production.
• Experience in developing winning creative ideas and writing first-rate proposals.
• Exceptional written and oral communication.
• Exceptional planning & scheduling experience.
• A problem solver that is highly motivated with an ability to multitask.
• The ability to spin plates is crucial as well as being able to chase and follow through on these.
• Be highly organised and have the ability to work across varying sizes and timescales of projects
• Be a confident communicator with the ability to work with multiple stakeholders
• Comfortable managing relationships with clients
• Essential business and finance skills – able to prepare, manage and/or monitor specific production resource plans and budgets.
• Able to use and advise on production systems and can adopt new technologies.
• Experience sourcing and clearing archive, music, licencing etc.
• Proficient in Word and PowerPoint/Keynote/ Pages
As we grow our broadcast arm, the following would be advantageous:
• A strong knowledge of different broadcast genres and commissioners tastes and wants.
• Experience in documentaries/factual and gaining access to different precincts, institutions and places.
• Someone confident setting up commissioner meetings and ideally has relationships with commissioners at BBC, Channel 4, ITV and Channel 5, Sky.
• A self motivator – someone great at generating fresh ideas and who has strong sense of what works in different genres at different channels
• Reporting to the HOP the Producer has responsibility for their projects throughout the entire production process, including tender writing/ pitching.
• Maintaining good client relationships, while continuing to nurture and grow these.
• Responsible for contributing to the preparation of, managing and monitoring of production budgets, and for forecasting and reporting progress, where required. May also assess the financial viability of content ideas that may arise
during projects (any potential problems) and raising these issues with the HOP.
• Responsible for ensuring all necessary rights are acquired and recorded for the complete delivery of the project.
• Attend Production meetings about the running of Freak Films and to aim to suggest efficient ways of working.
• Ability to use own initiative with confidence, using judgment when under pressure from a high volume of work and conflicting priorities.
• Ability to prioritise a conflicting workload efficiently and to maintain standards of accuracy and attention to detail when working to deadlines.
• Maintains a safe and healthy working environment at all times – escalating any issues or areas of concern.
• Demonstrable time management and organisational skills and the initiative to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Based in Edinburgh, Scotland
• Salary DOE
• You must hold a full driving licence.
• Travel and some overnights away from home will be required.
• 29 days holidays throughout the year
• Please send CV, covering letter and any additional details to
• Closing date: Friday 3rd June