First West Lothian Launches New Weekend Night Services Connecting Customers with the Capital
• Bus operator launches Services N1 and N2 between Edinburgh and West Lothian
• Services provide new, cheaper late night travel option for customers
• N1 and N2 serving key destinations and available on Friday and Saturday nights
Local bus operator, First West Lothian, has announced plans to launch two new weekend night services, linking Edinburgh with West Lothian.
Services N1 and N2 will operate on Friday and Saturday evenings and will be available from Friday, 28 July.
The services have been launched in response to customer feedback which highlighted the absence of public transport between Edinburgh and West Lothian after midnight at weekends.
With a package of cut price fares available, these services will now offer customers a cheaper travel option when planning a night out in the capital
The services have been introduced in time for this year’s Edinburgh Festival, which starts on 4 August.
First West Lothian Managing Director, Paul McGowan, said: “We’ve listened to feedback from customers who helped us identify a key gap in public transport provision between the capital and West Lothian overnight at weekends.
“We’re very pleased to be launching these services and to be offering customers a cheaper late night travel solution.
“We’ll be operating some of our newest vehicles on these services, providing customers with a high quality travel experience after a night out enjoying Edinburgh’s many attractions.”
About the services:
• Service N1: Operates from Edinburgh Regent Road to Bathgate, via St Johns Road, Newbridge, Broxburn, Uphall, A89 to Bathgate.
• Service N2: Operates from Edinburgh Regent Road to Deans, via Dalry Road, Sighthill, Wilkieston, East Calder, Livingston Terminal and Carmondean.
• From Edinburgh: Both services will operate two journeys and will depart from Edinburgh Regent Road at 0100 and 0200 on Fridays and Saturdays.
• Service N1: Operates two journeys from Uphall to Edinburgh, departing 0010 and 0110 on Fridays and Saturdays.
• Service N2: Operates two journeys from Livingston Terminal to Edinburgh, departing 0013 and 0113 on Fridays and Saturdays.
About the fares:
Adult Singles: Travel within Edinburgh – £3.00; Edinburgh to anywhere in West Lothian – £6.00; Travel solely within West Lothian – £4.00