Exciting Opportunity at Edinburgh Chamber – Customs Agent
Chamber Job Description
Job Title: Customs Agent
Salary: £25,000 per annum (Full time, 35 hours per week)
Reports to: Head of International
Closing date for applications: 5 pm 17th August 2020
Virtual Interviews: Week of 24th August 2020
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
The UK Government has recently published a new Border Operating Model that will change the way in which goods are imported to and exported from the UK from 1st January 2021. We are building out our team to meet an increased demand for our customs clearance services.
Customs Declarations Officers are responsible for completing import and export customs entries on behalf of our customers who rely on our skilled team for guidance and advice and to make sure entries are HMRC compliant. Once you have completed our intensive training programme you will be on-boarding customers, getting to know their supply chains and helping them understand how to provide you with the information you need to clear their goods through UK ports.
The end of the transition period will mean that demand for our services is set to grow quickly, so we need people who can demonstrate an interest in international trade, have an enquiring mind, can learn at pace, and want to help grow our business.
- Research and identify the areas in which the Chamber needs to focus to deliver CDS Service
- Build relationships and rapport with new and existing customers
- Checking of all relevant customs and trade documents
- Ensure all licences including ChamberCustoms software licence is up to date
- Data administration and validation
- Tariff classification
- Submission of customs declarations using simplified, summary and standard procedures
- Communication with customs authorities such as HMRC
- Forwarding of customs release messages to clients and their representatives
- Scanning and filing of support documents
- Complete customs entries in an accurate and timely manner
- Verify accuracy of the ChamberCustoms statement which sets out the number of successful transactions submitted by the Chamber in the preceding month and the total commission payable as a result.
- Deliver a Customs Compliant service that meets HMRC standards
- Keep separate accounts and records for inspection, giving correct and adequate details of all enquiries received and transactions conducted by the Chamber on ChamberCustoms’ behalf.
- Assist the ChamberCustoms with debt collection if and when necessary and as directed and requested by the ChamberCustoms.
- To work with the Chambers Marketing Team in relation to advertising and promotion of the Service, taking into account it’s only permitted to use the advertising materials and promotional literature provided to the Chamber by ChamberCustoms
- Keep records of any complaint or after-sales enquiry concerning the service received by the Chamber.
- Monthly management report including financial reporting.
- Respond to member and non-member enquiries.
- Business Development.
- Guide input staff (new recruit) on more complicated declarations and on the use of the CC Software and ChamberCustoms Solution.
- Adhere to all Chamber policies and procedures.
- Engage in CPD activity to keep your knowledge on customs policies up to date
- Deal with enquiries and help to sell relevant international trade services
- From time to time help to deliver on other business and operational objectives
- 5 GCSE (or equivalent) including Maths and English
- Good IT knowledge (Office 365 or similar)
- Keyboard speed and accuracy
- An interest in learning new skills
- Literate and numerate
- Attention to detail
- A good standard of spoken and written English
- Committed and energetic
- A methodical but enquiring mind
- Prior experience in an international trade role
- Customs broker/forwarder experience
- Commercial awareness
Attitude and Experience
- Approachable and able to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with the International Trade team, wider business and external partners.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload
- Ability to work collaboratively to achieve goals
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Create, maintain and promote positive working relationships internally and externally
- Customer orientated and focused.
Applications to be sent to:
Alexia Haramis, Head of International