Edinburgh Dungeon Unlocked! Site to reopen on 18th July
Dungeon will reopen with extensive measures in place to keep quests, team members (and even ‘inmates’) safe
Edinburgh Dungeon is set to reopen to visitors from the 18th July 2020, as national lockdown measures continue to ease.
The site team has worked throughout the lockdown to design and implement reopening measures that ensure that the attraction is safe for visitors, colleagues and even costumed characters.
The Dungeon will open from 11am-4pm every day with tours of eight guests every 15 minutes as a safety precaution.
As a further precaution, guests will also be required to wear face masks while enjoying the scary spectacle that the sites offer.
The following measures, in line with government advice, will also be in place and regularly updated as and when new guidance is provided:
- Online only bookings; guests will now need to pre-book a specific time slot for their visit to ensure visitor numbers remain at a safe level throughout the day
- Social distancing; queues outside and inside the attraction, plus the tours through the dungeons with costumed characters, will be carefully spaced for everyone’s safety. Markers will be in place at most points onsite to help make this simple
- PPE; Dungeon staff may be wearing appropriate items and clothing so they can work safely. Fixtures such as clear plastic screens at check-in desks and tills may also be in-place
- Temperature checks; will be in place at all entrances for guests and team members
- Enhanced cleaning; additional cleaning will take place throughout the day and hygiene stations and hand sanitiser will be available
To ensure safety, some elements of the Edinburgh Dungeon experience, the Galloway Boat Ride, Mary King’s Close and Drop Dead Ride, have been temporarily closed while the vaults are now a walk through. These adjustments to the experience will be frequently reviewed and made available again once social distancing guidelines have been reduced.
As with any activity post-lockdown, Edinburgh Dungeon asks all visitors to closely observe guidelines, maintain a safe distance from those outside their party and to keep up with good hygiene practices. If they or any of their party displays any symptoms of Covid-19, they are asked to postpone their visit and to contact the site to change the date of their booking at no extra cost.
Kathryn Angel, General Manager at Edinburgh Dungeon, said: “We are really looking forward to welcoming guests and delivering thrills once more.
“We are utilising an extensive range of safety measures, designed to ensure a happy, safe and healthy experience for all.
“I know our visitor team– plus our resident costumed ‘inmates’ – are all looking forward to delivering a much-needed thrill and a memorable experience following the extended lockdown.”
Visit www.thedungeons.com/edinburgh for more information and to be kept up to date on the site’s reopening measures and arrangements.
If you have any questions or would like to visit a Dungeon for yourself, please email Corey, Melissa and Charlotte at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07557132890.