Edinburgh Community Resilience Week
The City of Edinburgh Council and the Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce are delighted to announce the programme of events for the 2016 Edinburgh Community Resilience Week being held from Tuesday 12th to Thursday 14th April.
All events are free to attend and aim to further enhance business resilience.
The aims of the events are to:
- gain insight and knowledge into current resilience and national security issues from high-calibre speakers
- enhance your organisation’s preparedness
- participate in a specialist-led table top event
- network with other organisations across a wide range of sectors
- attend police-led training focussing on the contest strategy
- The week is aimed at specialists or those with an interest in business continuity, emergency planning and security issues.
Outline Programme of Events
Morning Tuesday 12th April
The morning will play host to a Conference on Community Resilience Current Risks including Cyber Security; Serious Organised Crime; Crisis Communications and Social Media; and Domestic Terrorism.
Afternoon Tuesday 12th April
Prevent Seminar providing a basic introduction to the Counter Terrorism & Security Act 2015 with specific emphasis on the responsibilities we all face as members of organisations in the resilience sector. Presentation will be provided from the Prevent Delivery Unit (East), Police Scotland, SPVEU and the City of Edinburgh Council.
Afternoon Wednesday 13th April
Resilience Roundtable event discussing making Resilience a Strategic Issue (delivered by the University of Edinburgh Business School). This event will be followed by a networking and drinks reception.
Morning Thursday 14th April
Project Griffin (delivered by Police Scotland)
All events are being held at the City Chambers and Lothian Chambers, High Street, Edinburgh.
Please contact us for more details at email@example.com