ECC’s international department celebrates its first year!
One year ago ECC developed its international department with the aim of helping local companies find out about opportunities overseas and grow internationally.
Throughout the past year, ECC has developed its international network, increased awareness about business opportunities abroad, facilitated international B2B connections and developed tools to support local companies looking to expand their activities beyond the UK.
Since April 2017, ECC’s international activities have led to:
- 15 international events organised
- 8 MoUs signed with international partners
- 15 international inward missions hosted
- 1 trade mission (to Dublin – 6 companies attended) led
- Over 150 companies attended international events
- 37 companies became interested in exporting in the next 12 months
We would like to thank all of the businesses that contributed to this programme, highlighting their own experiences and sharing best practice. We’d also like to thank the Consulates in Edinburgh who have been great partners and allowed us to host our events in some of the most beautiful venues in Edinburgh
Any feedback and suggestions on how we could improve our international support would be very much appreciated.
We look forward to building on this successful first year and further develop our international activities!