Dive in for a Positive Destination – Free course being offered to 16-24 year olds
Edinburgh Leisure is looking to recruit motivated, enthusiastic and reliable young people aged 16-24 years old, who have a passion for swimming and sport for the next Positive Destinations In2Aquatics course.
Jack Martin, Community Development Officer at Edinburgh Leisure explained: “A fully funded opportunity, the In2Aquatics Positive Destinations Academy provides a combination of swim-based activities and tailored employment support for young people not currently engaged in education, employment or training or young people at high risk of falling into this category.
“We’re looking for young people with a passion for sport who might benefit from such an opportunity and can commit to the project for 8-weeks.”
The In2Aquatics Academy provides:
- The chance to obtain a National Pool Lifeguarding Qualification (NPLQ)
- Exposure to quality, structured swim teaching sessions and the opportunity to shadow highly qualified teachers
- Learn essential life skills, including First Aid and CPR
- Opportunity to gain a UKCC Level 1 Teaching Aquatics and SCQF Level 5 in Sports Leadership qualifications
- Advice and guidance on education and training opportunities to help develop and kick start a career in the sports industry
- An environment that helps increase confidence and self-esteem
The project will be delivered between March and April 2018 at Gracemount Leisure Centre, however city-wide travel to alternative venues will be expected over the programme.
Interested parties should email Jack Martin, Community Development Officer at Edinburgh Leisure on email@example.com for a registration form, which needs to be returned via post or email, by Thursday, 1 March.
All those who register their interest, will be invited to attend an information day on Tuesday, 6 March from 10.30am-12pm at the Royal Commonwealth Pool, Dalkeith Road, Edinburgh, where they will get a project overview, meet the course tutors, and take part in a discussion with tutors on their suitability to gain a place on the course.