Consultant opportunity – Feasibility Study
VOCAL is seeking approaches from qualified consultants to deliver a feasibility study to inform the purchase and operation of a holiday home facility providing breaks for unpaid carers.
With support from philanthropic funders, VOCAL seeks to purchase and operate holiday home facilities providing suitable breaks to improve the wellbeing and resilience of unpaid carers and those they care for who may have intensive or complex care needs. The facility should be accessible, welcoming and secure for carers and the person receiving care, throughout the year.
This feasibility study will inform decision making for this development and as such is
expected to cover, at a minimum:
- Social case and need
- Demand for a holiday facility
2. Market research
- Consider operating models used by similar providers
- Assess availability of suitable properties and wider market
3. Legal aspects
- Appropriate governance models (including legal and financial considerations)
- Accessibility and adaptability requirements
- Analysis of different management/maintenance models
- Development costs (through to purchase/start of operations)
- Budgetary projections for a range of scenarios and maintenance costs over a few years
5. Report and Recommendations, including
- Viability of the project and risk factors
- Recommendations on next steps to have the project operating within 12 months
VOCAL’s staff will be available to provide background and data relevant to our client group.
VOCAL is an established charity with over 25 years of experience working with carers. This new project is a timely extension to our comprehensive and free support services that engage over 10,000 carers across Edinburgh and Midlothian each year.
To be considered for this assignment applicants must evidence:
- Experience and skills including examples of relevant assignments
- Two referees verifying your experience and suitability
- The anticipated number of hours/days for the completion of this report (including follow up discussions)
- The total fee (and structure) you will charge
The following timeline applies:
- Informal enquiries from 6 July – please send to email@example.com
- Submission of tender no later that Monday 20th July, noon
- Interviews on Thursday 23 July 2020
- Outcomes by 24 July 2020
- Report to be delivered by Monday 31 August 2020
To register your interest in this assignment, or to make informal enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that VOCAL is an Equal Opportunities and Living Wage Employer and seeks suppliers with the same ethos.