Closing the STEM Skills Gap with Careerwise
Competition for STEM skilled labour is fierce. Faced with the current STEM skills shortage, an aging workforce and BREXIT, ambitious and forward thinking employers need to identify new ways of accessing the skills their business needs now and in the future to ensure success.
Equate Scotland’s Careerwise initiative is the only internship scheme aimed exclusively at women studying Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) subjects at Scottish Universities and Colleges. In STEM, internships are essential for building the talent pipeline and are key to attracting women to STEM professions.
Why work with Careerwise?
- Access to a recruitment strategy aimed exclusively at female STEM students
- Build your talent pipeline and plug the skills gap by widening your talent pool
- Opportunity to pre-assess female STEM talent for potential future employment
- Enhance your company profile among Scotland’s female STEM talent and their associated universities
- Increase the diversity of your future workforce and become an employer of choice for women in STEM
Careerwise internships are low risk and high impact for participating employers – the scheme is very successful and proven to work. Employers tell us they like Careerwise because it is light touch with low barriers to engagement.
If hosting a summer internship in 2020 is of interest to you, please contact Joanna Glenfield on email@example.com or call 0131 455 2267.
For more information about Careerwise: https://equatescotland.org.uk/projects/careerwise/#employers