Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce Brexit Hub
As ‘Exit Day’ gets closer, Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce is here to help businesses to prepare for the changes to come, to campaign for clarity on our future trading relationship with the EU, and to make sure that Edinburgh thrives both in and out of the EU. Please see below some links to useful guides to help businesses prepare for and understand Brexit:
- What does the Brexit transition period mean for my business? – Find out more here.
- Find out more about the Brexit Planning tool here.
- Find out more about Sector specific guidance here.
- Find out more about the Post-Transition Brexit Checklist here.
Please see below relevant events via Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce:
We are launching a brand new series of events in partnership with the British Chambers of Commerce – interactive webinars, designed to count down to the end of the EU Transition Period. These are full of practical information and advice on what businesses need to do now in order to be prepared for the changes on 1 January 2021. They will also guide businesses through the jargon and complexities of Customs processes.
Hosted by Customs expert Liam Smyth, these highly relevant and engaging webinars will guide businesses through the complexity of change in our import and export processes, systems and controls from 1 January 2020.
Please follow the links to book on to these events:
- Countdown to Change: 75 Days to go. Find out more
- Countdown to Change: 50 Days to go. Find out more
- Countdown to Change: 30 Days to go. Find out more
The Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce has created a new Customs Declaration Service
ChamberCustoms is our new customs brokerage service. (Please note our service does not include warehousing or logistics.) Uniquely, it has been created to clear goods for import and export at every port in the UK.
Please visit our page ‘Customs Declaration Service
Some relevant forthcoming International Training available via Edinburgh Chamber:
- How to Complete Customs Import Entries. Find out more
- Understanding Export and Export Documentation. Find out more
- Incoterms 2020 Update. Find out more
Brexit Hub FAQ
- Register for the National Export System to make an export declaration
- Check duties and customs procedures for exporting goods
- Customs declarations for goods you send out of the UK or EU
- Import, export and customs for businesses: detailed information
- Trade Tariff: look up commodity codes, duty and VAT rates
- General information and guidance, with regular updates
- To help businesses identify what they need to do to prepare
- The Scottish Government’s analysis of how Brexit may affect different sectors
- For a comprehensive guide to Brexit and cross-border trade
- For the UK Government guide to the exporting process
- For the Scottish Government Brexit toolkit for exporters