Back to business: Vegware launches guide to eco packaging for socially distanced catering
Caterers planning the return to work post-lockdown face a new set of practical challenges. Vegware has created a 24-page interactive guide to new packaging considerations, to help foodservice plan for new socially-distanced service models.
Disposables are in greater demand, and sustainability is more important than ever. As well as practical advice on packaging formats to enable distanced service and successful client communication, the brochure contains a visual ‘look book’ for chefs developing new menu offerings.
Vegware’s entire range is made from plant-based materials and is suitable for commercial composting where accepted. The guide shares Vegware’s environmental advice, as the experts in helping clients access suitable composting collections.
Caterers are considering these post lock-down service models and related packaging requirements:
- ‘Al desko’ delivery: Food brought to clients at their desks, pre-packaged and in a bag or carry pack.
- Pop-up pods for grab & go: Instead of one large restaurant, smaller pods cater for different areas of the site. Units may include hot drinks, snacks, and a small chiller and hot cabinet for grab & go.
- Takeaway: A highly practical solution for distancing, incorporating contactless collection. Carriers and cutlery packs are a must.
- Packed lunches: Many foodservice settings are finding packed lunches the simplest solution.
- Sitting in: QSR and dine-in contract catering settings are seeking attractive disposable trays and plates as a good temporary solution.
- Delivery: Practical and attractive packaging is key to customer experience, including how the food looks after delivery.
Sales Director Teresa Suter says, “We are here for our friends in foodservice, providing the packaging they need to get back to what caterers do best: creating new menus, serving delicious food, and feeding communities.”
The guide contains:
- Packaging & menu inspiration
- New service models
- Marketing support
- Environmental advice
The 24-page guide is available on issuu.com/vegware