Anderson Strathern have a vacancy for a Legal Executive to join their Private Client department in Edinburgh.
The successful candidate will be supporting 6 Partners and servicing some of our major clients. It is a client-facing role.
You will be responsible for:
* Working alongside solicitors, dealing with administration of estates of private clients of varying circumstances
* Dealing with intestate cases, preparing Initial Writs for appointment of Executors Dative and bonds of caution
* Preparing Initial Writs for special warrant under the Requirements of Writing Act
* Reporting to and negotiating with HMRC for payment of IHT including lifetime gifting, APR and BPR and understanding the penalty regime
* Reporting directly to clients
* Arranging payment of items on behalf of clients and assistance with preparation of fees
* Maintaining and updating working procedures, the knowledgebank and styles
* Providing assistance and training to junior colleagues, trainees and new members of the team
* What you will need to succeed
* Experience as a paralegal in private client work
* Strong technical and IT skills
* Good inter-personal skills
* Well organised, methodical, and able to prioritise workload
* Ability to meet agreed fee earning targets and have an understanding of financial issues relevant to your role
* Ability to manage time effectively to maximise the profitability of your work and be developing your organisational skills
* Ability to develop client relationship and client care skills by delivering high-quality advice
* Team Expertise
We provide expert advice on Will and Succession Planning, Trusts, and Tax. Our team comprises Law Society of Scotland accredited specialists in trust law, members of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), and Chartered Tax Advisors. It is one of the largest Private Client teams in Scotland.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.