5 Reasons SEO is Not Just for the Big Guys
Search engine optimisation (SEO) is probably not one of the first things new businesses budget for. After paying for a website, premises, stock, insurance and anything else, there probably isn’t much left for marketing never mind internet marketing.
Most big companies like Dixons, Marks and Spencer’s, Tesco’s understand that their website must be appealing and also be found easily. The size of their brand helps enormously
If you are a small business you might think that SEO is just for the big guys. You have probably heard that it is expensive, takes ages and there’s no guarantee.
Well I want to give you 5 reasons why SEO is for small businesses too!
- Why invest in a website if it can’t be found on Google? If you have paid for someone to build you a website, then why not use it to drive business to your door? It’s not doing that on page 10 of Google
- Being on page 1 of Google and Bing can take your business to the next level. Page 1 search results are believed to get around 70% of clicks, with page 2 about 4%. So moving from page 2 or 3 to page 1 can lead to a massive increase in traffic.
- Being on page 1 of Google gets your brand noticed. Even if you are a sole trader, being on page 1 looks like you are bigger than you are.
- Your competitors are doing it. So if you decide not to then you are letting your competitors steal your customers.
- It’s measurable unlike other forms of marketing like cold calling, leafletting, and newspaper ads.
SEO doesn’t need to cost the earth. It is affordable if you consider if as part of your marketing budget. The return on investment is many times what you put in once you reach the heady heights of Page 1.
If you want a no-obligation review of your website then please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Originally published on: http://www.albaseoservices.co.uk/blog/-5-reasons-seo-is-not-just-for-the-big-guys