From Piste to Perthshire
Gleneagles launches winter playground passes for a season of Scottish mountain & apres adventures
October 2020 – Those who would normally spend their winters skiing in France, enjoying the finest Alpine cuisine and the thrills of a Trois Vallées ski pass, can now channel their adventurous spirit in Scotland’s most beautiful valley, the Strathearn, with Gleneagles’ new Strathearn ‘Valley Pass’ – a two-night experience that celebrates the thrill of the great outdoors, the glamour of decadent dining and the beauty of Scotland’s landscape.
On the first day, guests can wrap up snugly for the wild Scottish elements and take a scenic helicopter ride to the slopes of the country’s largest ski resort, Glen Shee or the Ben Nevis Range, to carve the pistes – before being whisked back through the hills, aboard one of Gleneagles’ bespoke Defenders.
Another full day of winter adventures beckons, with a guided mountain hike through the Ochil Hills to explore the glorious countryside and ancient drovers’ routes through the Glendevon, fuelled by a delicious
picnic lunch served from the back of the Defender, complete with log burner and hot toddies on stand-by to keep the chills at bay. After a day of brisk activities, guests will return to Gleneagles to indulge in a decadent dinner in The Strathearn restaurant.
The Strathearn – or Valley of the River Earn – is home to some of the most breath-taking scenery in the world, running all the way from the snow-capped mountains of Ben Vorlich and Stuc a’ Chroin on the fringe of the Highlands to the ‘Lang Toun’ of Auchterarder and Gleneagles at the foot of the Ochils.
During their stay, Valley Pass holders have complimentary access to all activities included in the Winter Playground Pass below, in addition to the following experiences:
- A guided Scottish hillwalking experience with a decadent lunch
- Two evenings of sumptuous fine dining in The Strathearn restaurant and an enhanced menu, exclusive to pass holders
- An additional upgrade option of a helicopter ride to one of Scotland’s ski resorts for the day, with transport back to the hotel in a Land Rover Defender
The Winter Playground Pass
The Winter Playground Pass allows guests to enjoy a range of complimentary experiences on Gleneagles’ 850-acre estate, over the course of a one-night stay. From cycling through the local countryside, casting fishing flies at Laich Loch, horse-riding on cross-country trails, to zip-wiring through trees, cracking clays and shooting arrows at the shooting range – a series of outdoor pursuits will get the adrenalin pumping before the chance to warm up and refuel at the Shooting Lodge fire with Gleneagles & Co shortbread, toasted marshmallows, hot chocolate and mulled wine.
Winter Playground Pass holders have complimentary access to the following:
- Cosy up and relax in one of the Country Rooms, including a hearty Scottish breakfast
- Pick from one of the following winter activities: clay target or air rifle shooting, archery, horse riding, fishing at the frosty Laich Loch, tree climbing or a warming 50-minute spa treatment
- Explore the beautiful local countryside on two wheels with unlimited bike hire
- Enjoy a magical guided winter walk on our 850-acre estate, from a gentle stroll to a two-hour ramble
- Keep energy levels up with complimentary tea, coffee and shortbread breaks, or cosy up at the fire with toasted marshmallows and hot chocolate
- Two tipples to warm the spirits and toast the day’s activities, including hot toddy, glühwein and Lumumba
- Access to an Alpine off-menu adventure in the Birnam celebrating the flavours of the winter season
- Start the après in style with a wee dram in the Century Bar with very own Glenmorangie whisky flight
- Access to all health facilities including gym, sauna and swimming pools
Whether looking for a winter getaway full of outdoor adventures, relaxation or glamour, the Winter Playground Passes offer fun, fantastic scenery and some of the finest hospitality in the world.
HOW: The Winter Playground Pass is available from Sunday – Thursday and priced from £495 per room per night based on two sharing a Country room, including overnight accommodation and breakfast. Available from Sunday 3 January till Thursday 25 February.
The Strathearn ‘Valley Pass’ is available from Sunday – Thursday and priced from £2895 per room for two nights, based on two sharing an Estate room, including overnight accommodation and breakfast. Available from Sunday 3 January till Thursday 25 February. Optional helicopter and defender transportation priced on request.
For more information, please contact Reservations at email@example.com or on 0800 704 705.