We’re recruiting a Corporate Executive
Job Title: Corporate Executive
Department: International / Membership
Reporting to: Head of Corporate and International Development
Date Drafted: June 2019
Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce (the Chamber) is a membership organisation of over 1000 members, supporting businesses of all sectors and scales wishing to engage in business in Edinburgh. We support members through a variety of membership benefits and also a range of activities including events, training & development, mentoring, international trade and business advice. We were established by Royal Charter in 1786 and have a proud history representing our members and influencing policy making at all levels and types of government over the past two centuries.
We are a leading business organisation in Edinburgh, and are working closely with the business leaders of the city and key strategic partners to develop a clear strategy and vision for the City, all whilst supporting Edinburgh’s business community at every level and stage of business.
This role will see the successful candidate support the Head of Corporate and International Development. Details of the role responsibilities and person specification for the role are outlined below.
Admin support for Partners and Corporate Members:
- Market research on local businesses, identifying non – Chamber Corporate members (with over 100 employees with an office in Edinburgh)
- Add these companies to our internal CRM System (Rubi) Rubi requires that full company details are completed, address, web, number of employees, key contact within company
- Update rubi (CRM) system with new members details
- Pull off reports from RUBI
- Update mailing lists for Partners and Corporates
- Update rolling plans for Partners
- Ensure all members/partners have “opted in” to receiving our communications
- Update account management spreadsheet for Corporates to identify which ones are due a touchpoint/catch-up meeting.
- Diary management -Set up meetings and attend some of these meetings for Head of Int. & Corp Dev.
- Assist in gathering editorial from Partners and Corporate members for the Chamber Magazine Business Comment.
- Assist when required with Partner/Corporate Roundtable discussions/CEO Briefing sessions
- Attend and make an active contribution to regular one-to-one, team and internal meetings.
- Attend any training courses as required.
- Support the international programme of outward/inward delegations
- Any other duties as requested by the Head of Corporate and International Development
|Skills & Abilities||· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
· Ability to generate new ideas and think creatively
· Able to deal with stressful situations calmly and effectively
· Able to work effectively in a team
· Ability to work well with people at all levels
· Acute attention to detail
· Ability to recognise issues and either resolve, or understand when these need to be escalated for resolution and do so
· Excellent admin skills
· Experience of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
|Personal Qualities||· An interest and enthusiasm for business and membership organisations
· An interest and enthusiasm for event management
· A willingness to work occasional evenings and early mornings
· Enthusiastic and wiling – a ‘can do’ attitude
This is a full time post working 37.5 hours a week 9.00 am – 5.00 pm.
Please note however that it is in the nature of the role that hours may vary with the needs of the business. A flexible attitude to working hours is expected. Some early morning and late night working to support events will be required.